Today our host at http://www.ethicalela.com for VerseLove, Sheri Vasinda, inspired us to write How To Be Poems. I immediately thought of the video I received from my son on Easter, after the kayaking adventure with his two older children when they saw a pod of dolphins. They live on the coast and kayak frequently.
I love the way he and his wife are raising their children to be lovers of the outdoors, and it made me think about how to be a coastal adventure parent.
How to be a Coastal Adventure Parent
- Teach your babies how to swim.
- Model safety by wearing a life jacket out on the water.
- Show your children how to respect nature – wild animals included.
- Spend quality time together away from screens!
- Be thrilled and remain calm when you encounter the unexpected.
- Make every single moment matter.
- Invest time in making memories.
- Seize the sunshine – and relish the rain!
- Share videos with Nana and Poppy so they, too, can be amazed.
- Never underestimate the power of a dolphin to outdo the Easter Bunny.
O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. Here is the sea, great and wide, which teems with creatures innumerable, living things both small and great.